When you work, a portion of your income is withheld to help fund the SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) and SSI (Supplemental Security Income) programs. If you suffer from an injury, illness or other medical condition that prevents you from earning wages, you may be entitled to collect from these funds.
There are many different types of benefits, and the New York Social Security Disability attorneys at Tucker Lawyers PC can help you figure out what you are entitled to.
Experienced Social Security Benefit Attorneys
There are many different means of attaining eligibility for Social Security benefits. Even if you’ve never worked, there still may be ways to collect compensation. As you’ll see, there’s a number of ways to qualify:
- Social Security Disability Insurance: If you’ve worked a longtime job, then you have paid into this fund. It was created to give back to those who contributed during their times of need.
- Supplemental Social Security Income Benefits: If you are financially challenged and disabled, and have not earned the required amount of Social Security credits, you may still qualify for this supplemental insurance.
- Child’s Disability Benefits: These benefits are designed to help disabled children under the age of 17. If a child has a mental or physical impairment that a judge deems will keep them from being able to work, they can begin to collect Social Security benefits.
- Disabled Adult Child Benefits: If you or a loved one became disabled before turning 17, and are now over 22, then you qualify for Disabled Adult Child Benefits. If the child in question attends school full-time, this benefit package extends to age 19.
- Disabled Widow’s and Widower’s Benefits: If you are disabled and over the age of 50, and you’ve lost a spouse, you may be entitled to benefits, provided that your spouse contributed to Social Security.
The Social Security program is there to put you at financial ease during your time of need. If you’re suffering from an impairment that precludes you from maintaining gainful employment, taking full advantage of the Social Security benefits available can help you cope with medical bills, ongoing medical treatment, and provide you with the means to keep you financially stable. Contact Tucker Lawyers PC for a free consultation. We have the skill and expertise to obtain the benefits you deserve, and if we’re not able to win your case, all legal fees are waived. A disability may mean the end of your working career, but it doesn’t have to mean the end of living comfortably.
Managing Attorney John. J. Tucker, Esq.
John has personally handled thousands of clients who were victims of another’s negligence and fights relentlessly for their rights. John enjoys bringing closure to a client’s matter so that the injured party can move forward with their life. His background enables him to evaluate complex liability related claims and bring resolution to claims in a record time frame. [ Attorney Bio ]