Our Amusement Park Accident Attorney Helps Win Compensation
Amusement and water parks can be great places to take the family for a day of fun. All rides, however, come with injury risks. Not all amusement and water park owners go to the lengths required to make sure that you are safe at all times as you enjoy their attractions, and the result of this neglect can be a devastating and traumatic accident. Victims may be left with major injuries, including broken bones, lacerations, and brain and spinal cord injuries, that may even lead to death. Survivors can wind up suffering with tremendous pain and facing mounting financial costs at a time when they may not be able to work.
If you or a loved one has been hurt or someone has died on an amusement park ride or water slide, you may be able to receive compensation for your losses through insurance or a lawsuit. However, New York premises liability laws are complicated, and insurance companies and their lawyers are out for profit and will try to deny your claims, get you to accept the lowest settlement possible, or even try to make it seem as if the accident was your fault. This is not something you should deal with on your own.
The skilled amusement park injury attorneys at Tucker Lawyers PC know the law, the system, and what it takes to win fair compensation for our clients who have been injured in amusement park accidents. Put our experienced legal team to work on your case, so that we can hold negligent owners and employees responsible and prevent more injuries while providing for you and your family.
We offer a free consultation to help you better understand your legal options and show you how we can help. There are no fees to you until we win your case, so call the Tucker Lawyers PC today at (516) 399-2364 to get started.
How Our Amusement Park Injury Lawyers Work for You
Why Choose Tucker Lawyers?
There are many attorneys in New York, and it’s important for you to find one you have confidence in and feel comfortable with, one who has the qualifications to get the results you need. Here are some reasons why we think Tucker Lawyers PC is your best choice:
- We have more than 30 years of experience.
- We get results, such as the $1.35 million we won in a car accident settlement, and you can read our client testimonials to find out how.
- We handle all legal paperwork and court appearances required by NY law.
- We deal and negotiate with insurance companies, so you won’t have to.
- We are recognized in and give back to the community, and have won awards including the AVVO Rating for Excellence in Personal Injury, and the Top 100 Settlements for personal injury from Topverdict.com.
- We offer free initial consultations to get you started.
- You pay us nothing unless we win and you get your money.
When you have our Tucker personal injury lawyers working for you, you no longer have to file forms, deal with insurance companies, or worry about whether you’re being taken advantage of. We will be there for you throughout the entire legal process. Call us today at (516) 399-2364.
How Our Amusement Park Injury Attorney Can Help You
Our legal team has decades of experience and a proven track record of maximizing settlements for personal injury, and we are in the best position to ensure that you get everything you are entitled to. When you hire us to represent you after an amusement park injury, we handle all legal aspects of your case so you can prioritize your health and recovery. We will:
- Meet with you to discuss how the accident happened, who the responsible parties may be, and how much your case should be worth
- Investigate your case and gather evidence, such as videos from traffic cameras; police, ambulance, and medical reports; and past amusement park accident records
- Interview witnesses, police officers, and first responders to get all available information
- File all paperwork in accordance with New York deadlines and court requirements
- Hire experts to reconstruct the accident and testify as to fault and experts to testify as to how the accident affects your life and the costs you will bear now and into the future.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and their attorneys to fight for a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Build your case and present it in front of a judge or jury if your case goes to trial.
If another party is at fault for causing the accident, our attorneys can fight for compensation for the losses you sustained.
Damages an Amusement Park Accident Lawyer May Win
In a successful case, your amusement park injury lawyer may win a monetary award, called damages, as compensation for your injuries. In New York, damage awards usually fall into two categories: compensatory damages, for economic and non-economic losses; and punitive damages, to punish someone for extreme wrongdoing.
Economic Damages — These cover your monetary losses for costs and expenses that result from the accident, such as medical and therapy bills, lost earnings from being unable to work, and any property damage.
Non-economic Damages – These are for damages which do not have a specific dollar value but negatively affect your life, such as pain and suffering, mental and emotional anguish, permanent disability or disfigurement, and loss of consortium and enjoyment of life.
Punitive damages – In some rare cases, punitive damages may also be awarded to punish a defendant who acted in an especially reckless or egregious manner and to deter such behaviors in the future.
To win your case, we must prove negligence legally by showing the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant had a duty not to cause harm by keeping safe premises.
- Breach: The defendant breached this duty by actions or failure to act.
- Cause: This breach caused your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered actual damages as a result.
Sometimes there are multiple parties at fault for amusement park premises liability, such as when there are several owners of the ride company or property or when a management company responsible for repairs neglected to make them. Other people or entities who may be held responsible include: ride and part manufacturers, ride operators, maintenance work crews, security guards and companies, and people whose intentional criminal actions caused injuries.
Our Tucker legal team will seek to identify all liable parties, as they all may have assets and insurance that can go toward a settlement.
Amusement Park Accident FAQs
Our Amusement Park Lawyers Address Your Concerns
After an accident in an amusement park, it’s natural to have questions and concerns. These are best addressed at your free consultation, but to get you started, here are some answers to questions our attorneys are often asked:
Are there time limits for filing?
Should I speak to insurance companies?
How much will I get in a damage award?
How much does it cost to hire an attorney?
When you have Tucker Lawyers, PC on your side, we will be there to answer your questions and concerns throughout the entire legal process. Call us today so we can get started investigating your case while evidence is fresh and witnesses can be found.
Types of Injuries in Amusement Park Accidents
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), which periodically reviews amusement park ride injury statistics, about a third of all fixed-ride injuries occur on roller coasters. Many amusement park owners are careful to warn of the possible dangers of their rides, to protect themselves legally and as an actual preventative measure. Many reported injuries involve back and neck trauma. Amusement park roller coasters usually advise patrons who have heart conditions, or are pregnant, to skip the ride. The following injuries are some of those which could occur on an amusement ride:
- Concussion / Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Torn or strained muscles, ligaments or other soft tissue
- Neck, back or spinal column injuries which, in extreme cases, could involve paralysis
- Facial injuries (broken noses or cheeks, eye injuries, lost teeth)
- Cuts, bruises or scrapes that require an emergency room visit.
Many of the above injuries can be so catastrophic as to cause a wrongful death.
Call Our Amusement Park Injury Lawyers for Help
Many causes of amusement ride injuries involve operator errors, mechanical breakdowns, and even design defects which may not be immediately apparent. If a ride was improperly designed, manufactured, set up, inspected, maintained or operated, and you or a family member has been injured, you could be entitled to compensation for injuries directly related to your amusement ride accident.
Even if you’re unsure whether or not your injury qualifies, it is best to contact the amusement park attorneys at Tucker Lawyers PC for a free consultation. We can help evaluate your claim, thoroughly inspect the accident scene, and ease your mind as we start you down the road to financial recovery.
We understand your pain suffering. It’s why we waive all legal fees if we’re unable to win your case. If the owner of an amusement or water park did not take the appropriate measures to ensure your safety, or the operator of a ride was negligent in their duty to keep you safe, there is no reason you should have to pay expensive medical bills out of your own pocket or through your health insurance. Don’t let an accident set you back financially — call Tucker Lawyers today at (516) 399-2364.
Managing Attorney John. J. Tucker, Esq.
John has personally handled thousands of clients who were victims of another’s negligence and fights relentlessly for their rights. John enjoys bringing closure to a client’s matter so that the injured party can move forward with their life. His background enables him to evaluate complex liability related claims and bring resolution to claims in a record time frame. [ Attorney Bio ]