Accidents happen, but when they are caused by the negligence of another party you may have cause for legal action. Indeed, slips and falls can result in some of the most devastating – even fatal — injuries.
These accidents, according to the National Safety Council, can result in broken bones, TBI, or traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and death. In fact, falls are noted for being the third-leading cause of accidental death in the United States.
Survivors often end up unable to work, in pain, and with their life having been completely transformed. With mounting medical bills, and being unable to work owing to sustained injuries, you are legally eligible to file a claim against the store or institution. When these accidents occur on another’s property due to dangerous conditions, you might want to reach out to an NYC retail store accident attorney . . . and in these matters, you want to reach out sooner rather than later.
Here in the Big Apple, our team of store accident lawyers at Tucker Law PC have a vast array of experience in pressing these types of claims and we can be reached at (516) 399-2364.
Why Choose Tucker Law PC for Your NYC Retail Store Accident Attorney Needs
You have many options when choosing a lawyer in New York City; you want to make the right choice with a firm that you trust and believe in to help navigate the complex warren of New York’s complicated property liability laws. We believe that here at Tucker Law we offer the skills and talent to get you a positive judgment. Further, with our free consultation from Staten Island personal injury lawyer, we can discuss the details of your case and assess your legal options at no financial risk to you.
Specifically, we also offer the following:
- We have more than three decades of experience.
- We achieve results for our clients, including a $1.35 million award.
- We assist you in finding medical care and document the state of your injuries.
- We handle all required legal paperwork and keep you informed of the status of your case
- We will negotiate with insurance companies, so you won’t have to.
- We have won numerous awards, including top ratings for Excellence in Personal Injury” and “Top 100 Settlements” for personal injury.
Our reputation is built on achieving exceptional results while providing the best possible service to our clients. We will be by your side the entire time, answering your questions, and keeping you informed as to the status of your case. When you need a store accident attorney, we have the team you need. Check out our customer’s testimonials before giving us a call at (516) 399-2364.
How Can We Help You?
What We Do as Your Store Accident Attorney
Once you choose us as your retail store accident lawyer, your job will to be concentrate on feeling better and getting your life back together, while our job will be to handle all aspects of your legal case. To pursue justice in the aftermath of your slip and fall accident, we will do the following:
- Investigate the cause of your accident to determine who the at-fault parties are and what the case might be worth
- Interview witnesses and first responders
- Gather all evidence, including photos, videos, and accident and medical records
- Thoroughly assess all your damages
- Consult with experts to fully reconstruct the accident, and to testify in court proceedings as to the negative aspect the injury has had on your life and ability to work
- Negotiate with insurance companies to receive maximum compensation for your injuries
- Take care of all legal requirements in a timely manner, to include filing documents, appearing in court, and handling appeals
- Establish the legal basis of your case and represent you in court.
When you are injured as the result of the willful negligence of another party, it is not fair that you should bear the burden of those injuries. Here at Tucker Law, our store injuries attorney is committed to ensuring you receive rightful, just compensation for your injury, and we will work dutifully to build a case that results in a favorable judgment or settlement.
The role of the retail store accident lawyer is to assess and determine liability that led to the accident. When an accident is serious enough to stop you from working while medical bills spiral upward, our NYC retail store accident attorney will begin to dig to understand why the conditions that allowed the accident to happen were never addressed.
Should that investigation determine that a piece of property was poorly maintained over time, and known hazardous conditions were allowed to continue, the owner of that entity could potentially be held liable in a legal case.
Here are just a few of the situations seen by our New York slip and fall attorneys:
- A property owner failed to clear ice and snow from the sidewalk, causing a pedestrian to slip and suffer broken bones.
- A grocery store employee saw that a spill had occurred but didn’t clean it up or report it.
- An apartment manager knew that a step was loose and failed to repair it.
- A business allowed rain water to collect in the lobby, causing a slippery floor.
Proving negligence in a slip and fall case can be difficult. Property owners may say that the injured party caused the accident themselves by not watching where they were going or by being otherwise distracted. An experienced slip and fall attorney from Tucker Lawyers PC can help you determine whether the owner of the property where your injury occurred may be liable and, if so, fight for your rights to fair compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
What Common Hazards Can Lead to a Successful Slip and Fall Claim in New York City?
While getting hurt in a slip and fall accident can happen anywhere and anytime, there are a few issues that tend to trigger a larger number of slip and fall cases, according to our NYC retail store accident attorney, to include:
- Snow and ice on walkways or in parking lots. Business owners and other property owners in New York are well aware that snow and ice can cause people to slip and fall if it isn’t properly removed. The property owner, or the plow company or other contractor the property owner hired to remove the snow and ice, may have been lax in their duties. If such carelessness caused you to slip and fall, you may have a personal injury claim against the property owner, the plow company, or both.
- Spills and wet floors. Grocery stores, restaurants and other businesses have a duty to clean up unsafe conditions as quickly as possible and to alert customers right away about spills and wet floors by putting up warning signs or safety cones. Even if warning signs or cones are present, you may still have a slip and fall case if you slipped and fell on a wet floor. In some cases, the signs may not have been large enough or displayed clearly. An attorney can review all the facts of your accident to determine whether you may have a case even if “wet floor” warnings were present.
- Cluttered walkways. Workplace walkways that are cluttered by boxes, filing cabinets, extension cords, tools or other impediments can make walking hazardous. If you trip and fall at work or elsewhere due to a cluttered walkway and are injured, consider consulting with a slip and fall lawyer.
- Uneven and slippery floors. According to the Consumer Products Safety Commission, floors and flooring materials contribute to more than two million fall injuries annually.
- Worn and uneven steps. When steps are poorly maintained or step risers are uneven, tripping and falling is likely to occur, which can lead to serious injuries.
- Poor visibility. Burned out lightbulbs that haven’t been replaced, dim lights or no lights at all can make it hard to see and can lead to accidents. Business owners have an obligation to ensure that parking lots and other areas around their properties are adequately lit. Stairwells that are poorly lit can be especially dangerous.
- Lack of stair handrails or broken handrails. Building codes stipulate requirements related to handrails on stairs. If a building code calls for handrails on stairs and there are none, or if they are improperly installed or are not the correct height and you fall and are injured, the property owner may be held liable. Poorly maintained handrails that are loose or broken and result in someone’s being injured can also lead to lawsuits.
Did You Suffer a Store Accident? Contact Us Right Away!
As mentioned above, accidents happen, but so does justice. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a slip and fall accident in the greater New York City environs, we should be your go-to resource to obtain the legal representation you need to obtain just compensation for your injuries.
Whatever the root cause of your injury, you are well within your rights to consider legal action if you believe it is a premises liability claim. Our New York City slip and fall lawyers can help you determine whether you have a potential claim. Call us at (516) 399-2364.
Call our team today because our store accident attorney is standing by to help you get your life back on track following an accident.
Managing Attorney John. J. Tucker, Esq.
John has personally handled thousands of clients who were victims of another’s negligence and fights relentlessly for their rights. John enjoys bringing closure to a client’s matter so that the injured party can move forward with their life. His background enables him to evaluate complex liability related claims and bring resolution to claims in a record time frame. [ Attorney Bio ]