Wrong-Way Accident Lawyer
Every day, hundreds of drivers get injured in wrong-way driving accidents in NYC. Tragically, there is little to protect innocent drivers who suddenly find another vehicle hurtling toward them from the wrong direction. Wrong-way head-on car wrecks are a truly terrifying scenario, which drivers consistently admit is their most feared.
Thankfully, a wrong-way accident lawyer in New York City can help prevent you from becoming a statistic or resembling the mangled mess seen in many of Hollywood’s action and horror films. Our team at Tucker Lawyers can help you by providing a wrong-way accident attorney who can help in complex and challenging wrong-way car accident lawsuits.
Call us at (212) 563-1900 to learn more about our free consultation and the unique ways that we can help you.
Wrong-Way Accidents Cause Many Deaths Every Year
According to the Department of Transportation (DOT), between 400 and 600 deaths occur in the United States every year due to wrong-way driving. The problem is so serious that the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) commissioned a special investigation into wrong-way car crashes in 2012. Their findings included the following points:
- While wrong-way driving accidents (WWDAs) are rare when compared to other kinds of accidents (including other head-on collisions), they tend to be fatal, and their rate has remained relatively unchanged for many years.
- Wrong-way collisions occur most often at night, on the weekends, and in lanes closest to a median.
- More than 60 percent of wrong-way collisions are drunk driving accidents.
- There is not yet enough data to determine how often drugs are involved in wrong-way crashes, whether legal or illegal. But law enforcement knows a certain percentage of WWDAs are caused by drivers under the influence of drugs.
- Older drivers are “over-represented” in wrong-way accidents. Authorities suspect that age-induced dementia, disorientation, and slow reaction times all play a part in many WWDAs.
- To be most effective, prevention efforts should focus on traffic control devices, wrong-way signage, interchange design, and anti–drunk driving measures.
Ultimately, the NTSB report describes “collisions involving vehicles traveling the wrong way on high-speed divided highways” as “one of the most serious types of highway accidents” and calls on state and local governments to address the issue with urgency.
Preventable Wrong-Way Driving Accidents in New York
Frustratingly enough, most wrong-way driving accidents in New York are preventable. Even in cases where the at-fault driver is not known to have been “under the influence,” it is likely that some other kind of negligent behavior is to blame. The most common causes of wrong-way driving accidents in New York include:
- Impaired driving due to alcohol intoxication, drug use, or a combination of both
- Texting and driving (“intextication”)
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving (driver fatigue)
- Unfit or unlicensed drivers
- Inadequate roadway lighting
- Inadequate or confusing traffic signage or traffic control devices
- Poor interchange design.
Victims of head-on WWDAs are likely to experience the following injuries:
- Head trauma (concussions and traumatic brain injury, or TBI)
- Neck, back, and spine trauma
- Chest and thoracic trauma
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death.
Injured victims can seek financial recovery from any at-fault party, which may include drivers, vehicle manufacturers, insurance companies, local or state governments, and more. The compensation in these cases tends to be substantial, as most WWDA injuries are acute, and many tend to be debilitating.
How We Can Help You
At Tucker Lawyers PC, our experienced NYC wrong-way accident lawyer can help you after your accident, and we also can help grieving family members secure justice for their loss after a wrongful death. We have extensive experience working with families touched by this tragedy. We can help you in the following ways:
- Gathering information about your accident after it occurs
- Talking with eyewitnesses to prove your side of the story
- Finding your health coverage to manage your injuries
- Collecting evidence and preparing your case for trial
- Arguing your points in court to protect your rights
- Providing hands-on support for your emotional needs.
Our mission is to provide compassionate and comforting service as we aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf, allowing you to take the time you need to recover and be with the people you love.
Please call us at (212) 563-1900 if you need help with a wrong-way accident lawsuit. We’re a wrong-way accident attorney firm in NYC that truly cares about your needs.
Why You Should Work with Us
At Tucker Lawyers PC, we will work hard to ensure that you get the legal support you need for your case. Our team of car accident attorneys is carefully trained and professionally prepared to handle the unique needs of these lawsuits. As the most trusted NYC wrong-way accident lawyers, our team stands out from our competitors in many ways. Just a few reasons we’re successful include:
- A client-first working method that focuses on supporting you
- Many millions of dollars in accident recovery over the years
- Fantastic client testimonials from satisfied customers
- High rankings on various legal websites based on our success in wrong-way accidents
- Our community-focused style that supports NYC in many ways.
With our help, you can get the support that you need to pursue a wrong-way accident lawsuit, including legal preparation and advice, high-quality expert guidance, emotional support, and much more. We’re ready to fight on your side in what can be a challenging case. Just as importantly, we’ll work with you to ensure that you feel comfortable and safe during every step of your lawsuit. We’re ready to fight for your rights!
Free Consultation with Experienced New York City Car Crash Lawyers
Wrong-way accidents are terrible ordeals. No family should have to face them alone. At Tucker Lawyers PC, we provide our clients with experienced guidance, aggressive strategies, and unyielding respect. We invite you to schedule a free consultation with our experienced New York City and Long Island car crash lawyers to learn more about your rights.
Contact us today by calling (212) 563-1900. With the help of our wrong-way accident lawyer team, you can get the support that you need to successfully file your lawsuit.
Managing Attorney John. J. Tucker, Esq.
John has personally handled thousands of clients who were victims of another’s negligence and fights relentlessly for their rights. John enjoys bringing closure to a client’s matter so that the injured party can move forward with their life. His background enables him to evaluate complex liability related claims and bring resolution to claims in a record time frame. [ Attorney Bio ]